Hi hello, we have a brand new recipe for the first time in what feels like forever! Say hey gurl hey to triple chocolate Nutella stuffed muffins. Not for those on a diet or if you're trying to avoid sugar, but they are pretty darn dreamy to those who are happy to indulge. And, ladies and gents, I am very happy to do that. Now, the basis of this recipe is from my favourite Sally's Baking Addiction but I added extra chocolate (because 3 different types clearly wasn't enough...) in the form of Nutella.
It's a very easy to do recipe so even if you're a bit of a baking novice, then you will be able to do this with zero issues. They're chocolatey but not sickly (weirdly enough) so they're the perfect treat without feeling like you've eaten a bucket of sugar! Scroll down for the ingredients...
100g chocolate (I used 70% dark chocolate)
115g granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
80g sour cream
60g plain flour
32g cocoa powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, but dark would be fine)
A few tsp of Nutella
They should last a few days in a container, but up to a week in the fridge. As if they'll last that long...
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Combine the chocolate and butter and melt them in the microwave. I did it in about 4 x 30 seconds so they don't burn, give them a good stir to melt any final bits of chocolate.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream then pour in the melted chocolate mix. Whisk together.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, bicarb and salt together. The pour the wet ingredients into the dry. The mixture will be very thick. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a tablespoon of mix in the bottom of each case, then 1/2-1tsp (depending on how much you want to add) of Nutella, then cover with another tablespoon of mix. It should fill around 3/4 of the case if you're using large cases.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180 degrees and bake for around 15-17 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, they're ready!
There you have it - so easy, so good. I promise I'll get back into more regular recipes soon, as Phil keeps demanding cheesecake so I think there'll be a few more of those heading your way. The blog has been neglected recently, but I'm feeling oh so inspired to get back into it this year so fingers crossed I keep it up!
If you decide to make these or any of my other recipes then do let me know by tagging me on social (I'm @thelovecatsinc everywhere). I'd love to see them!